Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dude I forgot to brush my teeth!

OK, maybe there's more to it than that, but this study on marijuana and tooth decay still falls in the stupid study category.

A study by a New Zealand scientist in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that marijuana is just as bad for your teeth as cigarettes are.

"Cannabis smoking may be a risk factor for periodontal disease that is independent of the use of tobacco," it concludes.

Not that anybody ever said sucking a bunch of smoke across your teeth each day would be good for them.

I'm surprised the rate of nasty teeth in pot smokers isn't higher - because of the "dude I can't brush, I'm too zoned out" factor.

But now we know.

Here's the full study:

Cannabis Smoking and Periodontal Disease Among Young Adults

Cheers,
-SueVo

No comments: